Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Me Blog Pretty One Day

My day today began like most any other with the much too common morning ritual of waking up right on time, promptly falling back asleep without resetting my alarm, and then waking up again too late to start a morning routine that will probably never become routine because of my inability to execute that simple first step. Unlike most days, though, when I finally became alert-ish, I realized there was an actual reason for my sluggishness for once - I was sick.


Now that I've called out of work and am alone with nothing but 300 cable channels, any book accessible via Kindle and the entire internet to entertain me, I need something to somehow sustain my interest. So, I've decided to join the ranks of the bloggeratti. I've contemplated starting a blog in the past because, like that girl from Mean Girls who doesn't even go here, I just have a lot of feelings. But you could say that it was a metaphorical fever dream since I was never able to overcome the initial inertia to start it. Now that the fever part is a bit more literal, I, for whatever reason, have both the gumption and can-do spirit to finally get started, so here we go.


There won't be much in the way of a high concept defining this blog or providing an overarching theme tying all the posts togethers. However, there will hopefully always be a sense openness and interest in discussion. So, should you happen upon my modest little corner of the internet, please feel free to share your expertise, opinions, and sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment